As the May 2019 mid-term elections approach, the Commission on Elections (Comelec) has earmarked P160-M in funding to prepare the appropriate supplies for the polls.
13 items have been approved by the Comelec Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) to be included in the contract (ABC) for acquiring the needed supplies. The break down of these items is:
- ballot secrecy folders (1,104,000 units, P11,956,320)
- indelible stain ink (368,000 bottles, PHP56,672,000)
- ballpens (708,000 pieces, P3,596,640)
- Seal with Steal wire for ballot boxes and
- ERSD (together totaling 129,518 pieces, P12,822,282)
- plastic security seals (500,000 pieces, P22,500,000)
- transparent tae (129,518 rolls, P7,036,712.94)
- continuous forms (10,730 boxes, P25,752,000)
- A4 paper with security markings (20,300 reams, P5,795,650)
- thumbprint takers (92,00 pieces, P3,220,000)
- Pearl P350 Printer Ribbon (3,376 pieces, P1,877,056)
- Epson FX1290 Print Toner (3,104 pieces, P1,474,400)
- Genecom 6800/6815Q Printer Ribbon (257 pieces, P1,387,800)
These supplies will be distributed nationwide to stock all the polling stations for the coming election.
According to the Comelec BAC, interested bidders may submit their services for consideration. Complete sets of bidding documents will be available at the BAC Secretariat Office at the Palacio del Gobernador building in Intramuros, Manila until December 11. A non-refundable fee is required to receive the documents.
Bidding documents are also available from Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System’s website, as well as on the Comelec website. These can be downloaded for free.
Prospective bidders should attend the pre-bid conference to be held by the poll body at the FEMII building in Intramuros, Manila at 10 a.m. on November 27.
Completed bids may be submitted at the BAC Secretariat Office starting 9 a.m. on December 11. Bid opening it set for the same date, though at 10 a.m. at the FEMII building.