Gikan sa Masa, Para sa Masa now national

Gikan sa Masa, Para sa Masa now national

- in News
0

DAVAO CITY, May 19, 2017 — President Rodrigo Duterte’s Gikan sa Masa, Para sa Masa has gone national, with the People’s Television Network launching the show Friday night over its national government-run network as well as its Facebook pages.

Duterte discussed in the hour-long show Friday night, topics terrorism, the drug menace that has caught the attention of human rights groups such as the UNCHR, and a problem with one of the overseas Filipino workers working abroad.

Duterte agreed with the position of the Philippine National Police, National Capital Region that the bombing of Quiapo earlier this month could not have been done by terrorist group ISIS.

“We have Moros there,” he said of the location, and had this been related to the cultural practices of the area, this could have been a Rido or vengeance instead of an ISIS attack.

He heavily criticized UNCHR special rapporteur Agnes Callamard, whose visit to the Philippines in recent weeks was frowned upon by the administration.

Critics of the drug war have claimed that there were little correlation between drugs and crime. “Let me ask you this,” Duterte said, “Are you on drugs?”

Duterte has also offered to scrap processing fees of certain requirements by the Department of Foreign Affairs.




If you enjoy reading our stories,
please help keep Mindanation up and running by donating any amount.
Your support will go a long way in keeping us going.

Facebook Comments

You may also like

Mar Roxas Denies Links to Drug Trade

Former Interior Secretary Mar Roxas, last Saturday, denied