Military won’t give in to pleas for holiday truce

Military won’t give in to pleas for holiday truce

- in News
0
@MindaNation

MANILA, December 11, 2017 — The military is not inclined to give in to a Christmas truce with the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army-National Democratic Front (CPP-NPA-NDF) despite calls by some groups, including the Church.

Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) public affairs office head Colone Edgard Arevalo on Sunday said the AFP “supports the wisdom and wise discretion of the CinC (Commander-in-Chief, President Rodrigo Duterte). He has already declared that there will be no unilateral ceasefire this December.”

Arevalo also said Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana has made a similar announcement of his position on the matter.

Lorenzana had earlier said he cannot recommend a suspension of military operation because the CPP-NPA-NDF had vowed to intensify attacks against military targets in wake of Proclamation 360 which terminated peace talks and negotiations.

President Duterte signed the proclamation last November 23. (Priam Nepomuceno/PNA)




If you enjoy reading our stories,
please help keep Mindanation up and running by donating any amount.
Your support will go a long way in keeping us going.

Facebook Comments

You may also like

Duterte’s offer to NPA is genuine, not bribery: Palace

President Rodrigo Duterte has offered to give members