No racial profiling in Davao, says Mayor Sara

No racial profiling in Davao, says Mayor Sara

- in News
0

DAVAO CITY, May 30, 2017 — Mayor Sara Duterte today pledged that there will be no racial profiling in the conduct of the police’s Oplan Bulabog here.

On Thursday last week, 250 “persons of interest” were invited by the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) for verification of identities amid information that “suspicious-looking individuals” had entered Barangay Bucana and Mini Forest.

In a statement, the mayor said while authorities do not target a particular group or members of a single religious group, it was unfortunate that “radicalism is associated with Muslims.”

City police director Senior Superintendent Alexander Tagum said the 250 persons of interest were immediately released and even brought to their respective homes after their identities were verified.

He said the DCPO, together with the Task Force Davao, will continue conducting Oplan Bulabog to thwart sinister plots by terrorists.

He said the police will promptly act on any information that could help the police and the Task Force in this endeavor.

“We assure you that we will immediately respond to your report. This is a concern of everyone,” he said.

Tagum also said the city has remained generally peaceful since the declaration of martial law over Mindanao by President Rodrigo Duterte.


If you enjoy reading Mindanation, help keep our site up.

Facebook Comments

You may also like

Duterte gives food, cash aid to fire victims near Palace

MANILA, August 17, 2017 – President Rodrigo Duterte on