DAVAO CITY, May 1, 2017 — President Rodrigo Duterte said that the palace is still working out the details of the planned trip to the United States, upon the invitation of U.S. President Donald Trump.
In an interview, President Duterte said that he could not immediately commit to a certain date because he had already committed to visit Russia and Israel in the next few months.
The other day, Trump called Duterte, in a photo released by Presidential Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go to reporters.
Three of the People’s Republic of China’s naval vessels are docked in Davao City, with Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio and President Duterte himself being on board.
“I’m tied up. I cannot make any definite promise. I’m supposed to… to Russia. I’m also supposed to go to Israel,” he said.
Duterte said part of the conversation between himself and Trump included the topic of North Korea.