Suspect in Grab driver’s slay now in police custody: Bato

Suspect in Grab driver’s slay now in police custody: Bato

- in News
0

MANILA, November 8, 2017 — Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa today announced that a primary suspect in the killing of Grab driver Gerardo Maquidato Jr. surrendered yesterday and is now in police custody.

In a statement, dela Rosa identified the suspect as Narc Tulod Delemios, 25, a resident of Barangay 148, Pasay City.

“With the suspect now in police custody along with the overwhelming material and testimonial evidence at hand, we now have an airtight case against Mr. Delemios that we will present in court,” he said.

Maquidato, who had gone viral last year when he helped bring a sick passenger to the hospital free of charge, was shot dead on October 26, 2017 in Pasay City by a gunman who pretended to be a passenger. The assailant also took his car.

Dela Rosa said the PNP will exert all efforts “to ensure the successful prosecution of this case to its logical conclusion.”

He also congratulated the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG), the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO), and the Southern Police District for a job well done.




If you enjoy reading our stories,
please help keep Mindanation up and running by donating any amount.
Your support will go a long way in keeping us going.

Facebook Comments

You may also like

US scientists predict more big earthquakes in 2018

WASHINGTON — If a prediction by two US