MANILA, December 27, 2016 (PNA) — Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa today said the PNP has accounted for 70 percent of the 1.8 million personalities in its drug watchlist.
In a press conference in Camp Crame, Quezon City, dela Rosa said according to the statistics from the PNP Directorate for Operations (DO), the PNP Anti-Illegal Drugs Campaign Plan dubbed “Project: Double Barrel Alpha” has accounted for and recorded a total of 1,326,472 individuals who were involved in illegal drugs from July 1, 2016 to Dec. 22, 2016.
Included in the 70 percent are the following:
- 1,049,302 individuals who have surrendered under “Oplan Tokhang
- 45,041 who were arrested
- 2,295 drug suspects who were killed during police operations
- 69,647 drug offenders in jail
- 54 under counseling with the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
- 147,756 drug personalities arrested or killed in 2010 to June 30, 2016.
Under the Oplan Tokhang (Knock/Request), the houses of suspected drug personalities are visited by the PNP and they are asked to turn back from illegal drugs, surrender, or undergo rehabilitation.
”The PNP is on its continuous campaign against criminal gangs and personalities supported by the Project Double Barrel Alpha, with more focus on the arrest and account of High Value Target Personalities involved in illegal drugs and progressing towards the Barangay Drug-Clearing Strategy of the government,” dela Rosa said. (PNA)