Inday Sara welcomes arrest of suspects in Davao blast

Inday Sara welcomes arrest of suspects in Davao blast

- in News
0

DAVAO CITY, October 7, 2016 — Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio today welcomed the reported arrest of the suspects in the deadly September 2, 2016 bombing at the Roxas Avenue night market.

“This development is commendable as we vow to expeditiously give justice to the 15 victims who died and the 69 others who were wounded in the blast,” Sara said in a statement released this afternoon.

The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) had issued a media advisory saying the persons involved in the blast had been arrested.

No other details were given except that the suspects would be presented be Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana this afternoon.

“The arrest of the suspected perpetrator of the September 2 bombing in Davao City is a welcome development to the operations of our law enforcers for their immediate capture,” Sara said.

She added, however, that it is important to remember that the arrest of the suspects “must ultimately lead us to the dismantling of terror groups in our midst or result in the failure of more senseless acts of violence and extremism.”

“We also need to remember that this does not end our desire to give justice to the victims and those whose lives were forever changed by that horrendous act of terrorism on the night of September 2 in our beloved city.”

“Let us continue to be vigilant and show the world that we do not surrender to fear nor do we allow terrorism to cripple our humanity and undermine our values.”




If you enjoy reading our stories,
please help keep Mindanation up and running by donating any amount.
Your support will go a long way in keeping us going.

Facebook Comments

You may also like

Pulong Duterte Distributes Food Packs to Indigents, Single Mothers & PUJ Drivers

Davao City Representative Paolo “Pulong” Duterte has started