P2-M reward for Davao bomber

P2-M reward for Davao bomber

- in News
0
@MindaNation
Screen grab from ABS-CBN

SEPTEMBER 5, 2016 — Davao City Mayor Inday Sara Duterte-Carpio today announced a P2-million reward for the identification and arrest of the person or persons who planted a bomb at the Roxas Night Market on September 2, 2016.

In an interview with ABS-CBN’s Umagang Kay Ganda, the mayor said she had accessed funds from the city government in order to track down those responsible for the deadly attack, which killed 14 persons and injured scores of others.

I will take this opportunity na ipaalam sa lahat: Kailangan po namin ang tulong ninyo… Meron kaming karagdagang aksyon na kahapon nagdeclare kami kumuha ako ng pera na galing sa city government na one million sa makakabigay ng information sa pangalan at kung nasaan yung tao ngayon and then another million sa makakapagdeliver sa amin sa tao na yon,” she said.

(I will take this opportunity to let everyone know: We need your help. We have taken additional steps, and yesterday I accessed funds from the city government. P1 million to anyone who can give information on the name and current location of the bomber and another P1 million to anyone who can deliver that person to us.)

The mayor also called on the people to unite against terrorism and to pray for the victims and their families.

In another interview, Sara said the authorities want the bomber to be delivered alive “because we want to know who are the other personalities involved in the attack.”

“We want to know the reasons behind the attack and we want to know also if there are other attacks planned on the city as well as the country,” she said.

The Abu Sayyaf had earlier claimed responsibility for the attack, but a later report said the group denied it and said it was an allied group, the Daulat Ul Islamiya, that did it.

President Rodrigo Duterte placed the country under a state of lawless violence hours after the attack.

He said he was considering several angles in the bombing. One is that it could be the handiwork of the Abu Sayyaf, which had earlier released a statement saying it will launch attacks on some parts of Mindanao following military offensives against the group in Sulu.

Duterte said the blast could also have been done by drug lords who want to divert the attention of the authorities who are seriously fighting illegal drugs in the country.




If you enjoy reading our stories,
please help keep Mindanation up and running by donating any amount.
Your support will go a long way in keeping us going.

Facebook Comments

You may also like

Pulong Duterte Distributes Food Packs to Indigents, Single Mothers & PUJ Drivers

Davao City Representative Paolo “Pulong” Duterte has started